This little bench is lovingly handcrafted in our Devon workshop, he starts out life as a reclaimed scaffolding board and is transformed into a beautiful mini bench, used in our house as a mini table which moves around depending who wants their tea the closest to them, he also serves as a place to display plants and a selection of my favourite books. He can be used in children’s bedrooms as a reader corner favourite or in the hallway for little bottoms to learn to tie their own shoes.
Each Bench is handmade to order and may different slightly in colour and size. Please contact us for more options.
Perfect as a one bottom bench or a little side table for when you need somewhere to put your cup of tea!
The bench is approximately 49cm in length, 22cm deep and 33cm high. Please note this might vary slightly as each item is handmade.
Please contact us for different sizes and bespoke options.
TABLES & BENCHES:
Each table or bench is handmade in our South Devon workshop by a small team of talented folk, from Mike, our master craftsman, to skills being learnt, no two will ever be the same.
Our tables and benches don’t just stop here… we really can create anything with our team of designers and makers so get in touch if you’ve got a creative idea.
Built to suit a number of styles, from the uber trendy industrial, modern rustic to farmhouse kitchens, these tables and benches wouldn’t look out of place in any setting.
As a master craftsman, Mike uses traditional methods alongside modern techniques to create a table which will last a lifetime, our solid steel legs are also handmade in the UK.
We carefully handselect each piece of timber, sourcing it from a local company in Cornwall to minimise transportation, we have everything from uber rustic pieces to a small selection of new wood salvaged from local joinery workshops. Normally selecting a rustic piece which will age well over time, drop us a message if you’re looking for something different.
Believing in beauty in imperfection the wood with have dents and small splits, the grain, colour and texture of each table will be different, making each one totally unique to you.
How long will my table or bench take?
The lead time on our items is up to 12 weeks at busy periods, please get in touch if you need the table urgently, you will be given an approximate place in the queue once you have placed your order.
The balance is due on the table immediately once placing your order, you have 14 days to choose to cancel your order, however, we may contact you within these 14 days to advise construction will be starting. Once construction has started the order cannot be cancelled.
We operate a one man delivery service, please be prepared to unpack your table or bench at your address.
Please ensure you have read the following before placing an order:
- This is reclaimed wood, it can have any number of marks, splits and cracks, it may have paint marks and rust marks, screw holes, hammer marks and saw marks, although we try to keep these to a minimum. It will have heavy grain, knots and unevenness between planks.
- The wood will continue to move once it is in your home, depending on the heat conditions, this can cause the top to become uneven. This may be the case when the table or bench arrives or can even develop after a year.
- Each plank of wood will be a different colour, therefore there may be small differences in colour across the table or bench.
- We may use filler or other methods to fill large holes.
- Due to the movement on the table or bench, you may find it develops a wooble at certain times of year, depending on the heat of your home, we suggest a small felt pad under the wobbling leg, you will be supplied with 4.
- Some edges may have been sanded or planed to remove chunks of wood which would have split off over time.
- If you do not want any of these features, we suggest you look at one of our sustainable wood tables and benches, launching for AW19.
- Always allow for upto 4cm in different on the quoted sizes
- Do not place your table or bench on underfloor heating or next to a radiator or other direct heat source, or in direct sunlight for at least 12 weeks once it has arrived in your home, do not keep it in a very cold room as extreme temperature changes can cause the table or bench to move too quickly and large cracks may develop. After at least 12 weeks, slowly introduce the heat source you plan to keep the table or bench near, please note this can still cause rapid movement.
- If you choose to have your table left raw, water, heat and other substances may cause damage.
- The other finishes are water and stain resistant; you cannot let water or other substances sit for periods of time, we recommend using specific hardwax oil cleaners or warm soapy water to clean your table.
- Your table may occasionally need recoating in a hardwax oil, please see our care guides for more information.
- We cannot accept any returns on the wood being too rustic or if we believe any of the above scenarios have taken place.